September 23, 2007

Hannah's 1st Birthday ~ The Party

Hannah's party was Saturday. It turned out to be rather warm. After a week of colder weather I wasn't really prepared for it to be so warm. It was nice though and we all had a good time. We had her party over at my parent's house. They have a big yard (as opposed to our dinky little weed patch) and a playground (woo-hoo! for MANY Grandkids!). I spent the majority of the morning, well, I spent the majority of the day making Hannah's cake. My sweet husband helped me A LOT, which was just wonderful. He made it fun instead of stressful. It turned out even better than I had hoped it would. Hannah enjoyed it, though I know she really didn't care what it looked like. It tasted good too. :) The Birthday Girl had a wonderful day, free of naps... oops. She fell asleep on the way home at 7:30. She was OUT... That is until 4:30 this morning. Apparently going to bed early means waking up early as well. I could have done without that. Anyway... enjoy the pictures of our little girls birthday (**sniff sniff** she's not a baby anymore)




Presents. Hannah was getting the hang of tearing open wrapping paper.


Twin Cabbage Patch dolls. Perfect for a little girl. She loves baby's.


The bald man... yeah that's my dad. It may look like he's out there playing with all of the kids, but no. He's chasing them down with a camera. I think it's permanently attached to his face. I can't recall the last time I saw my dad without a camera held up to his eyeball.



she is so photogenic. Beautiful little girl.


That's Hannah's Great Grandma behind her in the pink. (Roger's Grandma)



Kids were running everywhere... I thought I had more of them in this shot... they must have ran away :)



The little one in the high chair is a good friend of Hannah's. They are only 6 days apart.


It was a baby boom last summer... our friends all have baby's!

These were taken on Hannah's actual Birthday on Wednesday.


Here she is with her 1st baby doll. She was so excited she couldn't wait for Roger to get it out of the box. She kept grabbing the box from him and saying "baby! baby!" It was adorable. I must say I was happy to see her have a moment of "girlyness" I'm so used to seeing her play with monster trucks and rescue heroes, a baby doll (and excitement over it!) was a welcomed change.



First bite of Birthday cake



Goodnight, it was a long day. Being one is a lot of work!







--------------------------------------------------------------------------



The Cake







7 comments:

Sylvia said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is awesome! We both have the same idea for our first little girl parties!! So much fun isn't it?! Looks like she had a lot of fun! A princess party is definately the way to go!!! Good job mom, you did great.

Foxy5 said...

How can you not do a princess party after having 2 boys? :) Roger had actually picked out this cake, I had some other ideas but he thought this was great. I agree. :) Can't wait to see what cake you make for Caiyah's 1st!! Are you doing this same one???

Christin said...

Is the entire cake edible?!! You are way too talented to be my friend!! Can I hire you to make Charis's cake next week? ;)

and you look BEAUTIFUL by the way! It's been a long time since I got to see that pretty face.

Foxy5 said...

most of it is edible. The tall columns are plastic, the top cones are plastic - dipped in chocolate. The rest is ready to eat. It was a lot of fun to make. I don't think I'll be up for hire anytime soon. I'm taking a break from cakes until Joseph's birthday. :)

Sylvia said...

Not the same cake, but definately a castle cake!!! I HAVE to. She will forever be my ONLY girl!!!

Jen said...

Looks like tons of fun! That is really fantastic! It was great to see a picture of you, too. You look beautiful!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

WOW! Great party shots - your daughter is so precious. That cake is amazing!