September 27, 2007

Dirty Dishes

When we first moved here we didn't have a dishwasher. That didn't work. So my sweet husband bought a portable dishwasher. You hook it up to the sink, it's not as great as a normal one, but it is still doing the dishes instead of me... love it. Well, I was grocery shopping at a different store the other week and they didn't carry the normal brand of dishwasher stuff that I normally get, so I went with something else. Yeah, bad choice. My dishes are dirtier coming out than they are going in!! I went to get a bowl for cereal this morning and ALL of them were dirty!! (I did run the thing, right? Yeah, cups are clean - kinda) ALL 11 bowls were dirty!! (Yes, we have 11 bowls, I really don't like doing dishes) So, the new dishwasher stuff goes in the trash and I head to the store for the real stuff tonight. In the mean time, paper plates are a good friend.



2 comments:

Christin said...

PLEASE tell us what you used!! We don't want to do the same thing!!

Foxy5 said...

Well, after re-running the dishwasher with the RIGHT stuff... my dishes are still dirty. Like really really dirty. So I'm thinking the dishwasher itself is more of the culprit than the soap used. Although the liquid soap that I was using did leave a yucky film that the powder doesn't. THe good stuff is Cascade powder. The yucky stuff is palmolive liquid. The dishwasher is a maytag. It needs help. Are the kids old enough to become my dishwasher yet???