September 11, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

While cutting my son's (age 4) hair I had just by chance cut it like a mohawk. Thinking it looked silly I got a mirror and showed him. He thought it was really cool, so I told him he could keep it like that for a week. For the whole week (which turned into 2 before I actually got it cut) he told anyone who would listen "I have a mo hog" :)

Son (2) was watching Toy Story. When it was over he ran up to me finger pointed and yelled "You are a Toooy" (This was very precious to hear, he is not a big talker... not with words the rest of us can understand) :) I laughed at his little pointy finger in my face and said it back to him. He looked at me rather seriously and said "No, me not toy" um, ok. Am I?

My 4 year olds favorite thing to play is "Hide and Sneak" The rest of the world probably knows this game as "Hide and seek" Fun is had either way.

I was watching my cousin (3) for a few hours the other morning. For some reason he kept on calling Joseph (4) "Honey" This was really beginning to bother Joseph. I instructed him to politely ask his cousin to stop. Instead he came up with a better move. With the next "Hey Honey" that was uttered he came back with "What, sugar booger" I think we need to stop watching Jimmy Neutron.



Want to hear what other cutie pies are saying? Visit Mary@ Not Before 7

2 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I have this to say back to your two year old "You are a sad little man". (at least that is what I think Buzz says back to Woody when he yells, "you are a tooooy") I love that movie.

I loved reading this. Thanks for participating. They all made me laugh. I was reading them outloud to my husband here and we were laughing.

weavermom said...

Well, of course you're a toy -right? I know I'm my kids favorite! :)

I like your blog - hope the sleeping gets better soon.

Since you've tried everything else and all the normal things - maybe logic? In the daytime when it's not rest time say "we need to talk about bedtime. Of course, everyone needs sleep -God made us that way. What do you think would make it easier for you to be comfortable in your bed to go to sleep?" Maybe it's as simple as that Curious George episode where he won't take a bath because he doesn't have his favorite toy.

Oh, I hope for you that that gets better soon. Life is no fun when everyone is so tired! :)