Yesterday we walked into town. I had some errands to run. We like to check out the re-uzit shop for good finds when we are out there too. First stop is the video section - any Rolie Polie Olie? (It's a house favorite but they are apparently hard to come by) nope, none. On to the toys. The kids look around while I look in the next aisle for kitchen items. I was looking for a special cake item (they didn't have it) but I did find a neat cookie sheet to make gingerbread men. (35cents!) Back to the kids to see what they would be begging me for. Surprisingly nothing. I saw a sign "all games 25 cents" so I thought I'd examine the stack of games a little bit closer. "Playskool My little lady bug" Never heard of it. It's only a quarter, let's give it a shot. A few more minutes of looking around and we were done. (I found a great cornucopia basket on sale for a quarter too!) We get home and of course the kids want to play with the new game, so I get it out while I prepare lunch. They played and played and played. The boys played with that game for the next 4+ hours! It was the first thing Nehemiah went for this morning. I'm wondering if he woke up as early as he did so he could be the first to get it. :) Even if this is the last day they touch that thing, 4 hours of beautiful play is well worth the 25 cents.
September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
My mouth literally fell open! FOUR hours?!!! Can I go with you to that shop when we come up?!! PLEASEEEEE?
Yeah, I know. Pretty cool, eh? I don't think they have EVER played with anything like that before. I was one happy Mama. :)
I don't know if I can take you there. I might have to give the store a "once over" first. ;)
That store sounds GREAT!
Wow, do your kids want to come over and play (and bring their new game) ...as I know my kids would love to give their mama 4 hours of quiet ;-)
glad you had such fun!
blessings
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
Post a Comment