Just to let you know - Joseph did go to sleep last night. Nehemiah was up for awhile. He didn't like Josephs tantrum. Poor little guy was in him room covering his one ear and his eyes. :( So I brought him downstairs and we cuddled for awhile. After Joseph fell asleep Nehemiah went to bed just fine. We're just praying about bedtime right now. No new ideas have hit us at this point. We do believe that he is genuinely afraid of something. We also believe there is a bit of manipulative play in there too... so we need to be careful how we work this sleep situation out. Open to any ideas.
September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Does he memorize scripture? Charis was genuinely afraid there for a while. I mean SERIOUSLY terrified. We started to talk to her about how she could pray and ask Jesus to come at any time. That he would watch out and protect her. She seemed to latch onto the fact that Jesus was her warrior; she'd tell everyone. And Jet made a big point to tell her that Daddy was also her warrior, that he wouldn't let anyone hurt her. And that if she needed him, all she had to do was call and he'd come running.
I'll write you more in a peronal email. But while I was on here, i wanted to go ahead and comment. :)
We are yet to memorize scriptures about fear...but I'm wanting to do it soon.
I remember reciting the verse "God has not given me a spirit of fear..." over and over when I was scared to sleep as a child. It often helped ... crawling into my parents bed also helped. ;) Sorry, I have no original suggestions, just going off of Christin's. I'm still working off of the suggestions you guys gave me for Haven's bedtime.
Don't mind the barrage of comments ... I just refound your blog and I'm excited.
I think that the memory verse is a great idea!!! We pray in the night when K wakes up afraid.
Post a Comment