
Ok, I realize Wal-Mart has most everything. I realize that it is a big box store with "low" prices. I realize there is one in most every town across the US. But seriously people, get dressed before you shop. Can I please take a minute to go over some Wal-Mart etiquette? (Why yes Valerie, you may. This is your blog. Rant away)
- please don't shop in your pajamas - and fuzzy slippers are meant for home, not shopping.
- also - unless you are a painter by profession, leave the clothes covered in paint at home. I don't need to know the color of every room in your house just by looking at you
- unless you want me staring at your butt, words written across it - inappropriate
- if my children are sleeping when I enter the store, do not take this as the opportune time to tell me how cute they are. They will be frightened if they wake up with a strange face centimeters away from their eyeballs.
- likewise if they are awake and screaming (because we are at walmart AGAIN) don't come to give me advice. don't come to calm them down. don't touch them and tell them to be good. I am aware they are screaming. they'll get over it. I'm managing just fine without you. thankyou
- this last point needs more attention, as most people seem to want to touch my children. Maybe you have no 'personal bubble' but my kids do. It's at least 2ft in diameter. That means you need to stay back. Don't pinch cheeks. Don't tousle hair. Don't beep their nose. Don't tickle.
- If you do see me struggling with a run-a-way, you may stand in childs path to slow him down, but really, I rather you not pick him up. You are a stranger. Giving hugs and saying "obey Mommy" yeah, so not helping.
- Just because you wear an employee name tag doesn't make you exempt from any of the above mentioned rules.
- if I have all 3 of my kids, by myself, and a cart full of groceries, do NOT ask me if you can cut in front of me in the check out line. I don't care if you have 1 item. Find another line chump.




5 comments:
This is GREAT!! Maybe Walmart could post these on their door. For some reason, it seems like any Walmart you go into, across the country, people act the same. What's that about?
OOO - I hate the butt slogans. Drives me rather crazy. Especially those that don't need any added attention to that general area to begin with. :)
I had a lady once open up my stroller (our youngest was just a few days old) when I had the "lid" on the stroller and the cover to the carseat up and STICK HER HEAD INTO THE STROLLER!! I about smacked her head - seriously???
Maybe you could make a t-shirt. :)
hahaha. So what you're saying is that I should get rid of my shorts that say "Too Sexy" on the backside? Hmmm. I'll think it over and get back to you.
*laughing/tease*
Yep. I'd agree that all people don't come equipped with common sense when dealing with babies. I once had a lady reach in and take Charis's toy FROM HER and talk about how she has/had one. I was so shocked, I just stood there, wondering if she was going to steal it. literally.
hahaha! You're a dork. Of course, I don't have shorts like that. I was kidding. Now, I DO have it in halter top form though.
*TEASE*
I can't stand the words on the bu*t of shorts. What is wrong with parents allowing their teenage girls to wear that kind of stuff? NO NO NO!
Post a Comment