Today I had the rare opportunity to sit and listen to worship. Nehemiah was asleep in my arms. My singing was causing him to stir (can't blame him, I can't carry a tune). It felt weird to sit at first. I'm used to standing during worship, and of course singing along. As everyone else sang some of my favorite songs I got to actually listen to the words. It's funny how you can sing something dozens of times and never really listen to the words. It was amazing, to say the least. It got me thinking about all of the people in that one room, all singing praises to our God and King. What about the churches down the road? They were lifting up their praises as well. And in other states. And other countries. My thoughts turned from worship to prayer. What if we all prayed, together, agreeing with our words. The power that must have in Heaven. I have the picture of things shaking, shackles breaking, mountains moving... "Can you hear it? ...listen to our song. It's turning into a Holy Roar!"
October 28, 2007
A beautiful Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Great post! A Holy Roar. I love that.
I'd love to see what happens in the heavenlies when people come together like that.
Post a Comment