Today was payday. After not earning money for 4+ years pay day felt very good. So did spending it on clothes. for me. no one else. me. myself. felt gooooood.
I had decided that I didn't want to do the "responsible" thing and pay bills with it. Not today. So after dinner we headed for the mall. Did I mention that it felt good to shop? All for me? :)
I didn't spent all of my money. I will save the rest. And I will save most of what I make in the future. Today, being my first payday in years, was a day to celebrate, with clothes for me! :)
October 5, 2007
Pay Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Yay! Clothes for you, I love it! Mom's always buy clothes for kids and even dad, but rarely ourselves. Way to go, you soo deserve it. Enjoy the new clothes! You earned it.;)
Oh, post what you bought...we are eager to see what you found irresistable ;-)
Glad you had fun and kuddos on the paycheck!
Kimmie
mam to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
I was shopping at Kohl's (had a great coupon on top of their sale prices! Love a good bargain!) and I don't see anything I bought on the website. I might get brave and post a picture, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :)
GOOD for you!! I SO understand feeling the need to do the "responsible" thing. Bills. Groceries. A present for someone else. But you're so right...there's something *sweet* about getting yourself something. Something that makes ME, anyway, feel like a "real person" again.
How sad does that sound? but...I couldn't think of another way to express it. ;)
Will you model the clothes for me when we visit? hee hee
Congratulations on your first payday in a long time. You deserved to be able to shop. It makes me really happy to see how happy it made to make some money working. I liked seeing that glint in your eye of a job well done. As for the responsible thing, we'll save that for another time. Have fun doing what you want with the rest of your payday.
Roger
seriously... I'm going to cry. Not because I'm sad, but because I'm happy for you, and because Roger's comment was so sweet that I'm literally tearing up. You guys both deserve it. Love ya
Jen
Post a Comment