October 1, 2007

New routine

Update at bottom


wow. Things happened so fast, my head is still spinning. I got a call Friday from my Aunt. She was asked to babysit 3 kids but doesn't have the room in her car for all of them. (She currently has 2 of her own, 1 on the way, and 2+ that she babysits) So she wanted to know if I would be interested in taking any of them. They are 2 year old twins and a 3 year old. We decided that I would take the 3 year old and she'll take the twins. (I have no idea HOW we came to that conclusion) They all get dropped off here in the morning, while my Aunt takes her oldest to school. So I have 3 for about a little over an hour. Today, the first day, my cousin had a Dr's appt and all of the kids were here for 2+ hours. Wow. My house went from quiet and peaceful to loud mass chaos in 0.2 seconds. These kids aren't bad, in fact they are rather well behaved. The 2 year olds (once you catch on to how they talk) actually speak rather well (just turned 2 last month). To them this is FUN. A house FULL of new toys. A million things they have never played with before. I think every toy bucket, bin, basket... was dumped within the first 5 minutes of them arriving. Joseph was so excited to have them here that he was bouncing off the walls. He didn't know what to do with himself. Nehemiah, I think he heard all of the noise and decided that he would stay in bed as long as he could. Hannah woke up early with me. She is cranky. noise noise noise noise noise noise noise noise noise noise noise!!! Shreaks of "Hey look at this" "No, I had it first!" "Wow what does THAT do?" "Oh cool!" "Your baby is crying" .... long morning.
So now, the twins are with my Aunt. The house has returned to a fairly quiet and orderly state, except for the toy piano being played in the background. That thing in obnoxiously loud. Why did I put new batteries in that thing?! We'll see how tomorrow goes. Hopefully the chaos will simmer down in the mornings when the novelty of "new toys" wears off. I think I'll put away all of the noisy toys too. Or at least remove the batteries.


My sister-in-law called me today wanting to know if I can watch her daughter FT!! I have to laugh, all in a matter of days I go from just piddling a long through a day with my 3 to having a 3 ring circus in my house! :)

3 comments:

Christin said...

OH yes...the power to remove batteries from loud toys is a power I rather enjoy! *insert evil laugh* ;)

Good for you, taking on a babysitting job!! I bet once things become routine, it'll be no big deal!

THANK YOU for the birthday card for Charis! She loved it!

jmo said...

OH MY GOODNESS! You are going to have a CRAZY household!

Good luck, and I will pray for your sanity daily. No really, I know you've done this all before, and you are fabulous with kids, so once they all get used to it, it will probably be easier than before. You'll have to have some sort of schedule/plan for 5+ or more, so everyone will just sort of "fall in" (ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-!!!!)
I'm sorry.. I should go to bed. I'm getting loopy!
Congrats Val! I'm proud of you.
(big-sis's first post on your blog- since she finally signed up for a google/blogger account!)

Foxy5 said...

Hey Jen, nice to "see" you in blogger world. Come back often! :)