Hannah was at the Dr's on Monday. She had a fever and was congested. She had a rattle in her chest too. The Dr checked her out and decided that there wasn't much he could do about it, antibiotics weren't going to help. I was told to keep doing what I was doing and to bring her back if she didn't get any better or if she got worse. So.... today I called bright and early, she wasn't any better. Possibly even worse. Roger and I both heard some wheezing along with her rattling. So a 10:00 Dr's appt was on the schedule for today. I load up all 3 kids for a trip to the doc. We were on time. He was running late. He's always running late. He's an amazing Dr and takes time with each patient. He know us all by name, and knows so much more than just that. He's always running late. So 3 kids and I .... waited. At 11:00 he finally saw Hannah. She did sound worse. Pneumonia? With 3 prescriptions in hand we left the Dr's office - heading for the hospital for an X-ray. We made a quick stop at McDonalds for the boys, I needed something to keep them still while we waited some more, and it was lunch time already. After an hour at the hospital we headed out to the medical equipment store to pick up a nebulizer. Hannah will need to have nebulizer treatments for a few weeks until she's breathing better. While I was there I picked up a peak flow meter for Roger. That was on the plan for today. In the parking lot I got a call from the Dr, it's not a pneumonia! Woo-hoo! No antibiotics needed, neb. alone should help. And praise Jesus, the peak flow meter was 50% off! So, after 45 minutes of waiting there we went across the parking lot to fill the prescription of meds to put IN the nebulizer. Well, actually there was a stop in between to the bent n' dent store. I was looking for some vinegar, I was supposed to have a vinegar/water solution to clean the parts when done. They didn't have any vinegar. We bought chocolate covered pretzels instead. The drug store was pretty quick, with a quick stop in the bathroom for Joseph we were finished in under 30 minutes. Pretty good. Finally at 1:30ish we made it home. Tackled Hannah into a treatment. Put on a movie from the library. Oh, and I got sick from the chocolate covered pretzels. Way too much of a day for me. I want to crawl into bed and stay there till the weekend comes.
here are some pictures of us...waiting...the last one is Hannah checking out her new nebulizer. It's a cute little bear. 



November 1, 2007
One Busy Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Wow Hannah! Caiyah had to have a nebulizer last year for a few months, but hers was not that cool! A TEDDY BEAR?! Val, that must be lots of fun, I can't imagine doing it now when she can actually fight back:) Hope you fell better soon Hannah!
Val- that is such a cool nebulizer! Ethans (THANKFULLY) has been unused for over a year. You should have let us know, we GLADLY would have given it to you. (we even had "still wrapped" tubes too)
I hope Hannah feels better soon. I know how scary it can be when their lungs are rattly like that.
Love and kisses
Jen
Post a Comment