
It all started at 5:30 Tuesday morning. An hour of the morning where I prefer to be sound asleep. An hour of the morning that I prefer to NEVER see pass by on the clock. Thats when it started... Hannah threw up...in my bed...all over me. Yeah. When Hannah sleeps flat on her back she tends to get a little congested, so I thought that she must have gagged a little and threw up. We cleaned up enough to go back to sleep, morning was right around the corner. She threw up 3 times by noon and another 2 by 3:00. So much for the congested theory. One more doozie at 9:30 and finally she's done with throwing up. Did I mention that EVERY SINGLE TIME she threw up that it was ON ME?! I showered often. She slept most of Tuesday. Wednesday she woke up and seemed better already. Thank you Lord! After returning from Hershey I made lunch for everyone and Roger's Mom stayed for our "gourmet" meal of mac n' cheese and chicken patties. I was cleaning up lunch when I heard Roger and his Mom say at the same time "Oh my! Did you see that?!" Fingers pointed at Hannah, I turned my attention to her, and the poop bubbling up the back of her diaper and splattering on the carpet. Literally. I should have kept to the dishes. So Wednesday was spent changing diapers... and using the Bissel "little green" on the carpet where Hannah so graciously left poopy butt prints. Not kidding there either. Fast forward to Thursday. Roger and I were talking and saying how thankful we were that Hannah seemed to be the only one plagued with the stomach bug. If only we can all make it to Friday I think we will be ok! Fast Forward once again... this time to Friday 12:30AM. Joseph appears at the side of our bed. "Mommy my mouth feels funny!!" Roger brings him back to bed while I lay there wondering why his mouth feels funny. Is he thirsty, I wonder? As I lay in bed looking down the hall into Joseph's room I see Roger picking up Joseph and RUNNING to the bathroom. Ok, I should probably get out of bed. Joseph got the stomach bug too. So.. we cleaned up as best as you can at 12:30 in the morning. Sprayed some febreeze, as to not make Nehemiah have bad dreams about the horrible smell that now encompasses his room. Tuck Joseph back in. Goodnight... or not! Roger had crawled back into bed and minutes later Joseph appeared "Mommy! I get sprite because I'm sick!" Nothing was said in a hushed tone. I thought my heart was going to leap right out of my chest he scared me so bad. "I'll buy sprite tomorrow, goodnight" Fast Fwd... it's morning. Everyone is awake except for Nehemiah. I'm left to wonder how he's feeling. Will he get this yucky bug now too? Finally Nehemiah awakes and I go up to get him out of bed. He was happy and talking. Looking at him I was shocked, was that poop smeared all over his body?! I step a little closer, not ready to pull him into my arms quite yet. Eww! Nehemiah apparently threw up in the middle of the night and we never new it! The poor kid was laying in it, rolling in it, SLEEPING in it!! Oh, God help me! Quick bath and plop him in front of the tv to watch a movie with Joseph and Daddy (who by the way stayed home from work because he felt a little "weak in the stomach" himself) Thank God that the boys each only threw up once! I am SO counting my blessings there. We opened all of the windows to let the sick house air out. I sprayed every surface I could see with lysol disinfectant. I washed clothes, I washed kids, I'm bathing in Purell. Hopefully we can pull ourselves together for church on Sunday. Hannah is scheduled to be dedicated.
I pray the stomach bug keeps far away from you and your family!
July 27, 2007
Pass the bucket
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment