October 12, 2008

Only My Nehemiah



Numbers. I think I have already established the fact that Nehemiah loves numbers. One of his favorite videos to watch is Math Circus. (It's a Leap Frog video and it is wonderful) They count from 1 to 10 and then they count by tens up to 100. (I'm not a number person, did that make sense?) Anyway, the other night Nehemiah was in bed lulling himself to sleep by solving math problems. "10 minus 5 is 5. 2 and 2 is 4. 10 minus 2 is" (for some reason thats all he would say with that one. I guess he didn't know the answer) He didn't always say the right answer, but he was very happily going over his numbers while drifting off to sleep.

Keeping Math Circus in mind, there was a tent sale in the parking lot of our grocery store the other day. We parked - facing the tent. Nehemiah's eyes lit up "It's a math circus!!" He was bummed to find out it was only a few rocking chairs and snazzy fireplaces.


Here's Nehemiah in the driveway. We were playing with chalk. Hannah wanted me to draw flowers and puppy dogs. Joseph wanted me to help him spell words. Nehemiah wanted me to write out math problems.



Bless his number lovin' heart. This homeschooling Mama doesn't do math beyond elementary level. We have to join a really good co-op! :)

1 comment:

jmo said...

That is just wonderful Val. He is such a special unique child. I just love him and want to eat him up! :)