August 14, 2008

Not a book for bedtime



Nehemiah loves numbers. He can count higher than Joseph can. So for our bedtime story I thought I'd read our Reese's Piece's Count by Tens book. Each page has a picture of some form of transportation (plane, boat, monster truck...) and reeses pieces. It starts by counting from 1 through ten. Then it goes from 10 to 100 - by tens.

Well, Nehemiah's love for numbers has grown since we last read the book.

It might sound harmless enough but let me tell you, it is not. We could not count by tens. Nehemiah had to count every piece of candy on every single page. A 5 minute story turned into a 20 minute counting fest. Actually, it hasn't ended. He's still sitting in bed counting. "oooh! A truck! one...two...three! woo-hoo! Mommy give me five!"

He's too cute though. I can't make him stop. He's talking like crazy. In words that I can totally understand.




Yeah. I'm a sucker for cute.

No comments: