Because I thought I should be able to figure out ebay with little to no thought at all.
I was wrong.
I wrestled my way through the listing process. Checked my email regularly. PRAYED that my item would go for more than 99cents. and waited.
7 days later it sold (for more than 99 cents!!) and I had to wrestle with paypal. I guessed my way through the process. Seemed to work fine.
Until I realized that I am supposed to pay ebay a portion of my profit.
Now, I was totally aware of that from the get go. I just didn't know HOW to do it. A few months (weeks?) after my item sold I noticed an ebay fee taken from my bank account. I have no idea how much they were supposed to take so I don't know if the amount missing was with additional fines or not. (shame on me for not knowing the correct numbers!)
SO, my computer savvy, 21st century friends, I ask you
How does ebay work?
I mean, fast forward through the listing stuff, I can get that part (kinda) My main question to you is How do they get their money?
I need help.
Thank you. :)
August 13, 2008
What century are we in?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
They get their money because people pay to list on their site. I think they withdrawl fees on a monthly basis. They probably got used your paypal account to get to your checking (I believe that's how it works). You might have noticed dollar/cents amounts near various options when you were posting. You can put up a "no frills" add or sup it up with all kinds of backgrounds and galleries and stuff. The fancier, the higher the fee. I also find ebay confusing. Unless I'm selling something big, it usually doesn't seem worth it - after paying ebay fees, paypal fees and hauling myself and the kids to the post office to mail the thing. Last time I sold something I think I made $1.50.
Thanks Jen!
So they just take the money that is theirs and I don't have to pay them after my item is sold?
Post a Comment