July 8, 2008

Family Night ~ week 2

Week 2 of our themed family night was "tree's". Joseph decided on the theme. I didn't quite know what to do with it but we had a few themed things for our evening.

Dinner was broccoli casserole. (broccoli. trees. get it?) :) Um, no the kids did not eat it. They had chicken nuggets and corn. They thought the idea of our dinner looking like trees was neat though.
After dinner while I finished preparing dessert the kids colored a picture of a tree. I was surprised at how excited they all were to color. They did some of their best work.

For dessert we had trees! Well, ok it was brownies with ice cream but while using your imagination you can picture this being a tree, right?
Then we painted trees using our hands. This was messy. I'm so glad Roger was actually home for a painting project.

We had to use the side of our hand to make the tree trunk.
Then we used our finger tips to make the leaves and apples.

Ta-da!

After we were all cleaned up we went to Lowe's and checked out some wood. :) Ok, so it really wasn't for family night but we had some things we needed to do. Wood comes from tree's, right?

1 comment:

jmo said...

NICE! Hey- do whatever you can to tie in the theme! :)