Well, I mentioned that Hannah was ordered to stop nursing by the Dentist. Normally I would have told the Dentist where to stick his 2 cents with such a comment, but this time, he was right. She has cavities from nursing at night. A chipped tooth, that is part due to a fall and part due to brittle teeth.
I found a new dentist, because even though I knew the first one was right, I didn't like it there.
This new dentist is very nice. He was able to explain everything that was wrong with her teeth and everything that he would need to do to fix it.
Dentist #1 wanted to do the procedure at the hospital. Because of her age they wanted to put her under to make the whole thing run smoothly. I didn't like the sound of that but they gave me no other option.
Dentist #2 prefers to do it in his office. He personally doesn't like the side effects of putting such a little one under. He has two little girls of his own. They are the same age as my boys. Something about that is comforting. So we agreed to doing the whole thing there in his office - with Novocaine.
I am a nervous wreck. He said we are welcome to be back there the whole time, but he recommends that we wait in the waiting room. It's sometimes harder on all to have the parents back there. At first I agreed. I thought it would just be too hard on Hannah seeing me there not doing anything to help her. I've been thinking about it A LOT and think that she would be so much more panicked if I leave the room. I never leave her. She doesn't like it. I don't do it. Having the first time be with a Dentist, probably not the best idea.
The whole thing should only take 20ish minutes. Please, if you think about us pray for Hannah. Wednesday at 11:40 is her appointment.
When we eventually have more children they are going straight to the cup. Womb ---> cup. I sigh the slightest little sigh of relief just thinking about it.
July 14, 2008
Hannah and the Dentist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
womb -> cup? Nice. Let me know how it works out for you. :) :) :)
I will certainlly be thinking and praying for you and Hannah on Wednesday.
Womb to cup sounds good to me - as I'm currently spending 85% of my life nursing. I hope things are peaceful for Hannah on Wednesday!
BTW...seems like your TMI post has been all cleared up ;)
Thinking of Hannah. sounds like this dentist is much more able to work with MOMMIES! So sorry she has to go through it. Hugs!
Post a Comment