The past week has been long. Nehemiah's birthday party was last week. Shortly after the last party guest left Roger looked like he was hit by a train. Nehemiah followed the train wreck, and on Sunday morning he wasn't doing well. By Sunday evening Roger, Nehemiah, Hannah and Joseph all had a fever and a cough. I kicked it in to high gear and kept everyone full of motrin and tylenol, juice and water. Wednesday I called the Dr hoping he would say the worst was behind me. Na, the flu can last 7 days before you start to notice an improvement. Thanks Doc. So, armed with various flu fighting drugs we pressed on. Nehemiah's fever hit 105. Hannah's was mighty close. Roger's hung constant at 101.5. Joseph was anywhere from 100-102. For a few short hours on Thursday I thought they were all doing better. I was wrong. Another call to the Dr last night with a plea of "When is this going to end?!" and a description of some new symptoms landed us an 8:00am appt this very morning. Turns out Nehemiah has an ear infection and some kind of throat thing. I NEVER even thought about an ear infection. He hasn't had one since he was about 12 months old. Hannah has a prescription waiting for her in case she end's up with an ear infection too. At this point she doesn't, but their is fluid there. Joseph got better on his own. (Thank you Lord!) Roger will hopefully get better by tomorrow. One week off of work for the flu is enough thank you. Me? By the grace of God I'm fine! I've been coughed on, sneezed on, and used as a tissue. I have showered often and have become wonderful friends with hand-sanitizer. Nothing beats a good bottle of Lysol either.
I'm looking forward to a much more "normal" week this time around.
February 23, 2008
Week In Review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I can TOTALLY, TOTALLY sympathise! :( I seriously have been coughed IN THE FACE at, more times than I can count this week. My boys also fell down with it around Sunday night to Monday. :( Kegan has a prescription "waiting" in the diaper bag for an ear infection as well.. he's just bulging fluid behind the ear, but no infection. THANK GOODNESS that Michael and I haven't gotten it yet.
You truly are a SUPERMOM hon...You're family is blessed to have you taking care of them so well!
I'm so glad to hear you didn't get sick. What a tough week. I hope that this one is nice and boring (if that is ever possible with 3 kids). (:
Post a Comment