with more pictures than you probably care to see

ChocolateFest. A festival of CHOCOLATE. Oh yes, the name alone makes me drool. This year I was SO blessed to be given tickets to this amazing event. (Thanks Jen!) So, the sinners in us skipped church to go indulge in some chocolate splendor. We live semi-close to Hershey. You know, the place where kisses are made. The town that smells like chocolate. The town that hosts this chocolatefest. So off we went to Hershey.

I was blown away. To say that they had some chocolate would be an understatement. To say that the blood running through your veins might very well turn to a lovely chocolate sauce when you leave would be more like it. The tickets are for a 1 and a half hour time slot. I don't know about you, but my love for chocolate has never brought me to a place where it was OK to eat chocolate for 1 and 1/2 hours! Until yesterday. Eat we did. and did and did and did.







Joseph was going to explode form the amount of chocolate he consumed. Nehemiah isn't much of a dessert lover, so he did very well. Hannah, oh my Hannah. If her hand was empty she put it out in front of her and in her cutest voice possible said "I onna nack?" (I want a snack?) :)




"I work for (a magazine) and would love to take your picture. Would that be ok?" (um, really? Have you been watching us for more than .02 seconds? Have you SEEN my children?!) We said yes, and posed for the shot. Which took longer than she though it would because well, she has never met Nehemiah before. hahaha, I kept waiting for her to say "nevermind, I'll use a different family" but it never came. After a few shots she said "got it! It will be in our next issue!" (huh?! For real?) yup. I'll keep you posted on that one!
We have now consumed enough chocolate to drown a small town. I was sure that I wouldn't want to see anything even dipped in chocolate for months. This afternoon though I still got that all too familiar craving for the sweet, melts in your mouth, piece of heaven. Thank goodness Chocolatefest is a one day event.
We have now consumed enough chocolate to drown a small town. I was sure that I wouldn't want to see anything even dipped in chocolate for months. This afternoon though I still got that all too familiar craving for the sweet, melts in your mouth, piece of heaven. Thank goodness Chocolatefest is a one day event.




8 comments:
Yeah! That magazine thing was CRAZY! :) I'm glad you all had fun (and that your kids fell asleep on the way home.. because MINE didn't. :( LOL. )
Soo... how do we make that fit into our "healthy lifestyle?"
You're right. I probably should've waited until my bout with the flu bug was gone. But what can I say? I was SO CURIOUS to see what the heck kind of smorgasbord you went to. Unbelievable!
And my impression of their cakes? You could have soooo make those things.
wow, that sounded great! And to have a stranger compliment your family...well that's ALWAYS encouraging. But, wow, to take your picture and put it in a magazine..now that's pretty cool!
I love your blog! It's wonderful to be in touch with you after all those years of nothin! (was my Christmas letter the first time you heard from us in 8 years????
-katie
valerie! please, tell me who i have to beg or bribe to get tickets for next year! (and, well, of course, i'm so glad you got to go this year.) (:
oh, and the woman who said you have a cute family. you could have just said, "duh" but i guess that would have been rude.
OH I wanna go! WOWOWOWOW! Looks great. Where do you get tickets if they aren't given to you?
Since everyone was asking... it's a charity event, and you order them through the company sponsoring it. It's ALWAYS at "hershey lodge" (and usually in February) so if you check their event log next year, it will give you a link to the non-profit that you order tickets from. :) It was fun... and fattening... and fun.
yum, yum, yum...perhaps we should visit hershey, eh?
Jolanthe
Post a Comment