...if anyone cares! :)
Joseph is fighting it tonight. Not sure why. We keep forgetting to get a new bulb for the nightlight though. So we had to turn on a lamp in his room and it's pretty bright. (Because sleeping with NO light is just not going to happen) Nehemiah screamed for a minute and caved. He's sound asleep. Hannah is downstairs with Roger. I had to run down and nurse her quick b/c she was screaming so hard and Roger just couldn't get her to relax. (Not that he didn't try hard enough, he just doesn't have that milk producing ability!) So I got her to sleep and handed her back over to Roger so I could come back up and deal with Joseph. The hand off didn't go so well. She's screaming again. At least this time I know she isn't hungry - just cranky. So... I thought night #3 was supposed to be the magical night where everyone settled into the new routine and all was well. Apparently my kids didn't read whatever crazy book I got that from. I so do not like bedtime. I long for the lovely cuddling times of reading books and rubbing backs a little prayer and I love you hugs and off the adults go to finish our evening while the children quietly drift off to sleep. That is so not anywhere in my future! Hannah is still screaming her tired little head off... time to trade again. Goodnight. maybe :/
August 30, 2007
Night 3...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I care! And I'm soo bummed. Maybe if you just let Hannah calm herself down by herself, with no "trade off"? I mean, sure she'd scream. But isn't she already doing that? ...that's been our philosophy: if they're going to be cry with us, then they can cry without us. ??
hang in there, Val!
Post a Comment