August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Roger!

On Friday my dear husband turned 29. It's bittersweet being married to a man younger than I am. No, come to think about it there isn't much sweet about it. I mean, the married part is wonderful n' all, it's just the younger part that I don't care for. I can't make fun. I can't make old man jokes. It all backfires. I'm ancient. I'm an antique. When my birthday rolls around this November, please don't talk to me. I'm not celebrating this year.

Anyway, back to Roger's birthday.

He turned 29 and we celebrated with some family over at our house on Sunday. I'll spare you all of the pictures of people mid-chew trying to smile for the camera. (your welcome)
Here are some of my favorites.

Nehemiah being bashful when Miss Nicole (Jon's fiance) asked to take his picture. And Hannah saying "cheese" :) I'll give you one guess who Nehemiah gets his dimples from.
This is Uncle Jon (Roger's brother) and Nehemiah. Nehemiah held his hand and lead him all over the place. Thanks Jon for letting him show you where we keep the trash cans! ;)
My sister bought Roger a little Lego set. Here Joseph is admiring Roger's new toy. That smile says "Mommy when you are done taking the picture do you think I can play with Daddy's new Legos?"

A Lego cake!

Nothing says "Happy 29th" quite like a Lego cake!


This one glares a bit, but if you can squint and try to look past the glare you can see that the Lego workers are getting ready to finish rolling out the cake.

Roger loved it.

Lego's keep him young. I love him for that.

If only I could find something as simple as Legos to help me feel young. At this point it's all about Oil Of Olay and Clairol golden cappucino.

3 comments:

Jen said...

This all made me laugh a lot! I have to admit that I relish the fact that Dave is older than me. He turns 30 this fall too (were you implying that you will hit 30 this year). It will seem much younger than it is once I get there and he's past it. However, I'm concerned that with the differences in our skin tone, my face will look ancient long before his.

Anyway - back to the point. I'm glad Roger had a great birthday and that cake is absolutely amazing!!

Living and Loving Life in the Lord said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGER! well, i'm late, so HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY ROGER!!

Christin said...

and those of us that ALREADY turned 30...a couple of years ago? Hmmm? what about us? What are we to think about your little implication that the fact that you are yet to TURN 30 makes you ancient?

I'm trying not to feel bitter. *wink*


Happy Birthday, Roger! Miss you guys