August 22, 2008

Family Night

Olympics!

This was week 2 of an Olympic family night. Last week the kids weren't feeling very well so we kept it small.

For dinner we had homemade Chinese (fried rice and stir fry, the kids had chicken nuggets) and we had red, white and blue jello for dessert. (red jello, cool whip, blue jello)

The kids and I made a banner for the yard to show off our Olympic spirit.

Together we came up with some sports to play. You might not find them in the real Olympics, but we had fun!
Don't laugh at my stick people. ;)
Each game we handed out a "metal" to the winner. I printed some metals off the internet and we colored them and added glitter.







And apparently I hadn't thought of everything. What summer Olympic games are complete without water sports?!



We had a lot of fun. I think this was one of the kids favorite family nights so far.

2 comments:

Christin said...

YOU, my friend, are SO creative. freaky stick figures and all. *wink*

jmo said...

You rock. I love hearing about your family nights.