May 21, 2008

Texas Update

Ok, well for those of you that have followed along with our whole Texas saga, here is an update. (ok, maybe it's more of a rant, but you will maybe catch a bit of an update too)

Our house is supposed to be sold by the end of June (it's under a rent to own type contract) The renters/buyers have yet to go apply for a loan. I'm told they will be going on Friday, but I won't be holding my breath. The chances are very slim that they will actually be approved for a loan. Their credit is Bad (yup. with a capital "B") As long as they show me proof that they tried to get a loan, the contract then gives them another 2 years to get their ducks in a row. (stinking contract! WHY did I sign you?!)

I've been calling them to try to hurry them along. They don't seem to understand that they can loose the house if they don't even try for the loan. While on the phone last night Mr. Renter/Buyer lost it. He said he was tired of my harassing phone calls... he went on and on. What I wanted to do was jump through the phone and smack him around for awhile. What I DID do was assure him that I'm not calling to threaten him, but to remind him that time is running out and that if they don't start doing what they need to do they will lose the house. They seem to forget that they actually need to DO something to own the house. He calmed down and asked what happens if he's denied a loan. What?! Seriously these people make me tired. They have the same contract that we have. Apparently it was signed without reading it first. The first time I called them they told me they were going to be applying for a loan in July sometime. That would have been a month too late. Ok, so after going over the contract again (which I have done in every phone call recently) Mr. Renter/Buyer tells me "ok, well if I'm denied this time I'll definitely get it next time" Yeah sure you will.

I look forward to having my house back in 2010.


In the mean time we are trying to figure out where our moving to TX fits in to all of this. Now that we (most likely) will not be closing on the house this summer, a trip to TX to scope out jobs and houses seems a little out of the question.
The whole thing just makes me want to pull out my hair and run around screaming like a wild woman.

My hair is so nice now, so I guess I'll have to pass on that.

Instead I'll blog my frustrations and try to wait it out. I know God has something for us. Being patient is not easy though.

3 comments:

Christin said...

yeah, I agree..don't touch that hair. :)

Bummer on the renter people though. I'm still hoping it pulls through. NOT that I want to lose you to TX, but so that you can pursue moving like you want.

hugs to you, my friend

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I just emailed you to ask this earlier today...thanks for the answer ;)

I am so sorry to hear this - how frustrating.

Yes, God does have a plan, but it is hard dsometimes when we don't see it, ya know? keep resting in it!

Kimmie said...

Hi Valerie;

Oh patience, that is such a hard one. I can only imagine how frustrating your current situation must be. But as you say, there is always something to learn in the midst of our trials...so seek God and allow Him to show you what it is that He is teaching you...move from faith to Faith and glory to Glory, sweet sister!

hugs
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted