What a weekend. Saturday we had a yard sale.
(this is only some of it - it ran from the front of the house, down the side yard and took over the back yard)We've been preparing for it (for what feels like) forever. It seemed like the boxes of stuff going outnumbered the things that were staying. So, at the butt crack of dawn (that is an official time, isn't it?) :) Roger and I woke up to begin setting up tables and tables and tables o' stuff. Before the sun was up people were there in my yard rummaging through boxes that hadn't been unpacked yet. They are crazy. But hey, the crazies bought stuff so I'm ok with that.
Overall we had a good yardsale. It wasn't our best one yet but it most definitely wasn't the worst either. Joseph proudly manned the "money table". He also did a great job of offering everyone that set foot on our property a soda. I had to keep reminding him that they were there for people to buy, not a lovely parting gift for shopping our junk.

So, as with any yard sale we spent most of the day outside. Just Friday I had Joseph at the Dr for allergies. Turns out the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Joseph has seasonal allergies. He was getting up to 5 nosebleeds a day and the poor kid is sneezing and rubbing his eyes more often than not. So at some point on saturday I looked at him and thought "wow, you have been outside a little too long your eyes are looking rough" With that thought I called him to come closer just for a better look at ol' puffy eyes. To say I was grossed out would be an understatement. I was freaked, grossed, I can't think of another adjective to describe what I saw. Joseph's eyeball was swollen. Not his eyelid, though that was swollen too. His eyeball was quickly doubling in size. (I tried to google it to find a picture to post but among all of the nasty eyeball pictures, there were none that looked like his.) (aren't you relieved) :) I called the Dr, though honestly I'm not sure why. I love our Dr, but I'm pretty sure my mind was made up that this kid needed to go to the hospital. That is what he told me to do and I quickly tossed him in the car. Luckily we live only 5 minutes (if that) away from the ER so we got there fast. I prayed on the way over, in between trying to calm Joseph down. He wasn't really worried about going to the hospital, but his eye "hurt and was itchy". Turns out that it was just a bad allergic reaction. Right before we left, Roger got a piece of grass out of his eye. Guess the kids is allergic to grass. The hospital game him some Benadryl, which helped rather quickly. I took a picture when we got home and his eye was already looking better. The hospital staff found Joseph rather amusing though. He was telling the Dr "I'm a boy genius" :) He's so modest. So anyway, now Joseph has to take allergy medicine every morning. At least until summer starts. Then we will re-evaluate. I will now keep Benadryl on hand at ALL times.
this is after Benadryl. If you look at his right eye you can tell it's swollen but it's already SO much betterOn the plus side, when Joseph and I got back from the hospital, Roger had already finished packing up all of the unsold stuff from the yard sale! I didn't have to re-pack anything! Woo-hoo! (thanks hon!)




5 comments:
You had a lot of stuff at that yard sale! I'm impressed!!!
And poor Joseph...I'm grimacing just thinking about it. I'm so glad it all turned out OK.
Yay! Here's to another yardsale under your belt! Thank God its over, eh?
Poor boy. That sounds kind of scary for a mom too.
So, after you re pack all the stuff do you take it to Goodwill or someplace or do you save it for next year..? I have no idea why I'm asking, just curious i guess.
Oh my goodness, Joseph! A grass allergy? Bummer. I'm so sorry to hear that.
I like when people are willing to admit that their child(ren) gross them out from time to time. (:
You and Christin have almost inspired me to have my own yard sale - if only we didn't live so far off the beaten path. I'd have to put up a ton of signs just for people to find us!
Hello? Why did you not tell me this any of the 4 times I've spoken to you since Saturday???? I'm so sorry Joseph was "itchy". :( At least you found out early- and now keep benedryl on hand! LOL..
Ohh.. I work on 4 "eyeball" journals at my job...(for those of you that don't know- I work for a publishing company of medical journals!!) If you explain it more- I might be able to find a picture of a yucky eyeball that fits what you need.
Post a Comment