Joseph's Kindergarten curriculum finally came! A book was backordered so it took longer than it should have. BUT it is here now and I am excited (mixed with scared to death)!
We are going to use Covenant Home for Kindergarten. Well, hopefully we will use it throughout his school career, but we'll start with K and see how it goes. :)
This is everything. The box said it was 15lbs. I think the one book there on the top middle is a good 13 of that. It's a Bible. I did want a Christian curriculum, but holy cow! That thing is HUGE.
See? That Bible is 2 inches thick! And it's not a full Bible. It's just certain stories.
There are reading books and workbooks. Cd's (I don't think DVD's?) and Test's (Ahhhh!)
Here are all of MY books.
See what that blue one says? "Teachers edition" WHAT am I getting myself into? I AM the teacher. Can I tell you something? I didn't like school. If it weren't (wasn't? See, I can't even speak!) for band I would have skipped a lot of school. I was happy to graduate. College was not something I EVER wanted to do (and I didn't). Tests... the thought makes me just a little sick to my stomach.
Yet here I am. Eager 5 year old at my side. Waiting for me to teach him something. Patiently. With great confidence that all I say is truth.
Give me a minute as I sit here and focus on breathing.
(in>>>>>>>><<<<<<<< out)
Ok. I'm better.
Nerves aside, I am excited. WE are excited. I know this is what we are supposed to do. I know God will walk us through it.
And all I really wanted to say in what is turning out to be a long post...
Woo-hoo! Our curriculum came! Kindergarten is right around the corner! :)
May 31, 2008
It came!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I know you. You will be an amazing teacher. What God calls you to do, he will equip you to do.
I know, I know. SCARY! But amazing and wonderful too. As long as you know it's what God wants you to do then I think you'll be able to pull through even the toughest day. I think you'll do so great! Fear not sister!
-Katie
Hey - I found your blog via Whittaker Woman and saw you lived in Pa and you are a homeschool. My husband and I are just starting this fall to homeschool our girls. Yikes! Where are you in PA? We are in Lancaster and we are looking for a Co-op or some other fun homeschool groups.
So exciting! We begin our homeschool journey this fall too! Right there with you :)
Post a Comment