April 4, 2008

A hammer?!

***********Update At Bottom***********


I walked into my parents house this evening and was greeted with a rather pitiful "hello" from my mother. My first thought was 'Ugh, she's sick. We should go'. I asked her what was wrong... and to make a long story short this was her answer "A Hammer fell on my nose" A hammer did what?! Yup, a hammer fell off of a ladder and landed smack (OUCH!) on her nose. A trip to the ER showed that she didn't break it (miracle!) but she could possibly have two black eyes by morning. (Praying against that one Mom!) She's probably resting soundly now, as she got some sweet meds at the hospital. The whole thing makes me chuckle just a little. Really? A hammer. Hit your nose? Just sounds funny. I'm warped. I blame my mother. In all seriousness though I am VERY glad that she is alright. And I do think it is a miracle that she didn't break anything. For the hammer to fall... it could have hit her head, her eye!, her cheekbone... but it didn't. It got her nose. Thank you Lord for that.
The moral of the story? Don't forget where you put your hammer.


Updated to add:
My mom is doing better. No black eyes! Her headache is getting better each day.
And just so you all don't think I"m a horrible person for laughing at this whole thing - she laughed while reading this post. We're weird like that. :)

3 comments:

Living and Loving Life in the Lord said...

Oh my, your poor mother! i'm just imagining the pain of that impact!! I'm sure she will look back on this and laugh too! OOOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!

Kimmie said...

Ouch...that's all I am gonna say, as I am a sensitive soul and If I continue on I may ...well, ouch!

Hope your mum is black eye free and feeling better!


Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Christin said...

So HOW did that happen? I mean, I know that your parents are always fixing up things, but it fell...from where? how?

I know it really doesn't matter, but I'm sitting here trying to picture it. :)