I just heard the news. My friend just lost her Mother to cancer. Her sister is sick at home with hospice there daily.
I want to say something to comfort, but what can you say to someone who just lost their mother and is on the verdge of losing her sister? They are all Christians, but the head and the heart don't always work together in these times. Knowing that her Mother is pain free and healed in Heaven doesn't make the pain of missing them here any easier to bare, does it? I can't speak from experience. I just think My mom is too young to die. I'm too young for my mom to die. My world would be shaken for sure if she were to die, say, anytime in the next 100 years! My mother is not a Christian, so that adds a different dimension to the whole thing. This however is not about me or my mother. It is about my friend and the hard times she is walking through. If you think about it, whenever you think about your own mother, say a little prayer for my friend. Names are not important. God knows. And while you are at it, say a little prayer for your mother too.
And even though this is from a Daddy to his little girl, it reminds us how precious life is. Treasure the times you have with the ones you love.
I found this video on another blog. Just want to give credit where it is due. Check Rocks In My Dryer for original post.
April 10, 2008
Call your Mother
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment