If my two boys were any more different they wouldn't even be related. Well, ok they would but, well they would just be REALLY different.
Joseph fell today. Roger was "riding" the shopping cart back to the car. Joseph was hanging onto the side (which I don't allow. ahem. He was with Daddy) Joseph let go. Roger was still riding. Joseph doesn't have any pants left without a whole in the knee. So this fall didn't have any denim to absorb some of the shock. Really, it wasn't a bad fall. A little dirty knee with a pin-size scrape. He did well. For 5 seconds. Then he saw blood. A drop of it. You would have thought this kid got run over by a car. Ugh. Luckily I travel prepared. The diaper bag and the glove box both have first-aid kits. With a gently applied band-aid he was a little bit better. With a threat of not getting to play in the sandbox if his knee hurt to bad he was a lot better... except for the awful hobble of a walk he now has.
okay... now Nehemiah
After playing in the sandbox the kiddos needed a bath. Like BIG TIME. Hoping to get it over with quickly I tossed all 3 in together. (We don't do that much anymore. It's too crowded) Roger ran to the basement to get towels form the dryer. I turned around in the bathroom to get the kids soap. I started to kneel down to begin my scrubbing of dirty little children when Nehemiah began to scream. Now, Nehemiah is NOT much of a screamer. If he cries, he's hurt. I was talking to him and trying to figure out what on earth happened during the nanosecond that my back was turned. Then blood started running down his nose. His lip was bleeding too. Aaaaahhhhhh! I screamed for Roger. 3 times. I was afraid to call again in fear that the neighbors would hear me and come running. I was more freaked out than Nehemiah. He calmed down after a few seconds. He seemed a little puzzled as to why blood was gushing from his nose but other than that he was fine. He's only 1/2 clean now. He didn't want to get back in the tub after he was finished bleeding. Oh well. 1/2 clean is better than not clean at all. :)
SOOOO glad that it wasn't Joseph that fell. (Don't read that wrong. I'm not happy that Nehemiah fell. Wish he wouldn't have gotten hurt.) I can only imagine the tears I would have had to endure for that one. Another Joseph example...
He hurt his leg doing something a few weeks ago. He walked on it funny for 2 days. I was getting real concerned. I talked to Roger and decided I would take the car so I could take Joseph to the Dr. With that Joseph suddenly did a little jig and his leg was healed! :) This boy knows how to play us!
They are SO different. Joseph is definitely sensitive. (Which I love about him, when it's not involving bodily injury) Nehemiah is a tough guy. In bodily injury and other wise. He doesn't like taking No for an answer. He can be pushy (especially towards a certain baby sister) but man... is he ever protective over his big brother. He really looks up to Joseph. I'm so glad, no matter how different they are, that they have each other.
April 16, 2008
Ahh! It's blood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
It REALLY is interesting to note how different kids (and adult) personalities can be, isn't it?
Post a Comment