December 18, 2008

Where has the time gone?

6 years ago I was pacing through my little apartment. Video camera in hand. I wanted to document what life was like before the baby came. Everything was in place. Blankets were folded. Diapers were in the ready. We were just waiting for baby. I was scheduled to be induced at 7:00am on Dec 19th. I couldn't sleep. Fast forward through my day of waiting. Shortly before 9pm my Joseph was born. I was officially a Mommy.

6 years later. "Mommy" has become such a common word that some days it needs to be said a thousand times before I even here it. (At least thats what the kids think as they shout "mommy mommy mommy mommy!!!!") My baby boy is growing into a little man. It's happening all too fast. He's in Kindergarten. He lost his first tooth. He enjoys doing things without me. (Ok, well, that last one is a little iffy. He LOVES going to his Sunday School class and he is begging for Jerub and Jewell to babysit again. Other than that he wants me to play with him all day every day)
Joseph, he is what I call a spirited child. Everything he does, he does MORE. He laughs more. He cries more. He loves more. He hurts more. He has a flair for the dramatic. He has a heart for compassion. He has a desire to make others happy and understands things that are at times beyond his years. There are times when his MORE-ness is a little hard to bear (all that drama!) but I know that God has created him with such purpose that he just can't help to lay it all out there. I am excited to see what God has in store for Joseph this next year. I just hope God can slow it all down for me. I don't want to miss anything.








Happy Birthday Joseph! I love you!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy Belated Birthday Joseph! Val you can tell how much of a devoted mom you are to your sweet children. You are so in tune with them. And your abundance of love for them always radiates from you!