My boys have issues. They took great joy in watching this. It's the sponge bob neighbors. They apparently have a thing for inflatables. That's ok. I like these inflatables. The issue here is that it was a windy day. An insanely windy day. The inflatable in front was, well, inflated. The wind got a hold of it and pulled it around. The boys cheered and hollered it was grand entertainment.
This is their viewing perch. Please don't call social services. (and just so you know, the heater was not on. We are not using it this year.)
Remember our daily Christmas chain thingie? One day we were to make a card for someone that was lonely. (The plan was to deliver to a retirement home) This is Joseph's creation.
That's it. "I wish you a Merry Christmas" On a piece of paper with a cut out of it. He was done. He is normally very crafty. I guess he wasn't "feeling it" this particular day. He wanted to write on the card "too bad you don't have any family and you are lonely" I talked him out of it.
This is what the table offered for card crafts. The white box holds various scrapbook paper and scrapbook "stuff" Enough to make a cool card. Oh well. Maybe next year.
This I'm pretty sure breaks many health code violations.
And this is a game we made for part of school. I found a neat book at the reuzit shop for 50cents and it had some great crafts. I loved their Christmas ideas and this is a twist on a game they had... I didn't have what they required so we improvised.
We read from the Bible about the birth of Jesus. Taking note of 1 John 4:15 as a special verse.
Then we made this game. We used a ring from those baby ring stacker toys and a dowel from my cake stuff. In order to gain a turn you had to say the verse "Jesus is the Son of God. 1 John 4:15" Then you could toss the ring.
It was a huge hit. The kids played all morning.
Even though Hannah cheated putting the ring on, she always said the verse before she cheated. :)
Oh! Important part. The ring was like a wreath, which are both circles. The circle represents Jesus' love for us... never ending. I also stuck in a little lesson about wedding rings there too. :)
Love it. Simple lesson that taught so much.
December 17, 2008
This N' That
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh my gosh, Valerie, I was seriously laughing out loud with this post. I love your sense of humor.
You are so creative with your ideas. I need to take some lessons! Your pictures and captions are quite amusing.
Post a Comment