December 10, 2008

Making Christmas Ornaments

I like to make things for the tree every year. We don't always make dough ornaments but we usually make something new. This year, it was dough. Just a simple flour and salt recipe.








Painting










The Finished Ornaments

Hannah's

Joseph's

Nehemiah's

The kids all had fun. Honestly it wasn't very messy either. And our tree has some lovely new ornaments.


6 comments:

Onzelle said...

I always love your art projects, but seriously, what kind of laundry detergent do you use. How do you get your kid's clothes clean after projects like that?

Foxy5 said...

:) Thanks. This one seriously wasn't that messy. I make my own laundry detergent. It is great and the clothes come out clean. I also have become a fan of oxi clean and I like the new shout. They help with the paint mishaps. :)

Onzelle said...

"I make my own laundry detergent." -sigh- I'm just gonna bow down to your homemaking prowess now. I just go buy tide. And as far as Shout goes, I just keep refilling the Shout bottle with a Tide and water mixture. :)

Jenny said...

These look great and the kiddos looked like they had a lot of fun making them. You are such a great mom, doing such fun activities with them. They will truly treasure this! I would love to hear more about how you make your own laundry detergent. I am in to using more natural products in my household. I only use vinegar and baking soda to clean. Laundry detergent is getting expensive, (as if everything else isn't too!).

Foxy5 said...

Onzelle your funny! You can stand up now, because it is really so simple to make your own laundry detergent.

I'll do a quick little post of it so you don't have to read the comments section for the recipe. :)

Living and Loving Life in the Lord said...

This looks like a really fun project. my kids are really interested in the Christmas ornaments and all decorations for that matter so this would be a fun project!