November 11, 2008

Keep the presents rollin'

The presents are now pouring in for my Birthday.

Ok, not really. Only from my mother (Hi Mom!) She got me this Wilton cake decorating set. It's the mother of all sets and I love it. Along with the Wilton set she also paid for me to take some cake decorating classes at the local craft store.

This is my final cake for Course 1 (there are 4)
The bow is hideous. It was my 2nd try. I couldn't keep peeling off the icing to try again so this was it. For the most part though I am happy with it. I love taking the classes and am looking forward to Course 2.

I also gained 4 pounds. We had to bring a cake to class each week. I ate a lot of cake.

Anyway, thanks for the early Birthday present Mom. I'll be checking my mail often for everyone else's gifts. If you lost my address I can quickly email it to you. :) Oh I kid. I'm not celebrating my Birthday this year. I'm too old. But we will have cake.

(If you are offended that I am saying I'm old and you are older than me, please calm down. I am not insulting you. I am just not enjoying the number slapped onto this years birthday.)

5 comments:

Christin said...

Is the number a "big" one this year? I happen to think you age well...not that I've gotten to see you up close and personal for a LONG while. but pictures...you look really really good.

What a perfect present for you. though I have to say...the pics of your cakes already look like you're a professional.

I'm thinking you'd hate the BOX cakes I make. *wink*

Happy early Bday, friend.

Living and Loving Life in the Lord said...

oh wow, your cakes are already amazing, there will be no stopping you now!! happy early birthday (okay, so the big question; will you make your own cake?)

Foxy5 said...

Yes the number is a big one. Thanks Christin.

And thank you for the cake compliments, both of you. I have a long way to go though. I didn't show you my first cake from class. Scary. :)

jmo said...

Ok-- I KNOW when your birthday is... but every time I skim through this post I go "OH CRUD- did I miss it?" Then I realize.. no Jen, it's not that late yet.. she's just talking about it early.. then I check back a few days later to see if you posted anything else.. and I scroll down, and go "OH CRUD- did I miss it?" all over again. THANKS. Really. for giving my heart a palpatation every time I read your blog.

jmo said...

By the way- that cake was beautiful... AND tasty. :)