June 6, 2008

No more boo

Ok, so Hannah HAS TO stop nursing. Dr's orders. I'll go into that in another post. This one I just need help. I think I may have mentioned before that the boys both weaned themselves at 8 & 9 months. So I'm new to this weaning thing. Especially with a 20 month old. I can't replace nursing time with a bottle. So wise mothers HELP. We are especially desperate for night time advice. Yes, my 20 month old still wakes up at night wanting to nurse. If you heard her lungs... wow. She can scream loud enough to wake the dead. Which may come in handy when she is on a mission trip but here, I'm not loving it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh man, Val. I'm not sure what to tell you about the daytime and you'll probably cringe when I tell you how I got Haven off of night feedings. Crying it out. He was at the point where he only nursed at night. I was prepared for a looong crying spree at 3am, but it turned out that about 2 or 3 nights of maybe 15 minute crying jags, he went back to sleep. He was more in the habit of nursing than actually hungry, you know? Do you think she'd stop crying after a short time?

He stopped nursing a couple of months ago and now I sometimes (not too often) miss it. He doesn't just lay in my lap anymore and cuddle. Those days were fun.

I wonder if girls have a harder time weaning? Or maybe it's personality. I guess I'll be drilling you in a year or so. I hope it goes as smoothly as possible!

Whittaker Woman said...

Do what works best for you but remember that even if she is a fighter you have to fight harder to be in control! After a year old I knew my kids understood me and knew what I was saying so I let them cry it out. It will take a couple of days and even if she has a set of lungs on her you have to stay nails. She will learn and understand to sleep through the night. That what I would do but remember to do what is best for you. H whittaker