June 16, 2008

Let's Talk Quilts

I've been looking online trying to find the perfect quilt for Hannah's new bed. I fell in love with one from Pottery Barn Kids. It's sold out. It's never coming back. Ebayers that own said quilt are loving it. I am not. I admit, the thought did cross my mind to pay twice what the thing is worth just to get the perfect quilt, but then I realized... THATS JUST DUMB. So I'm back to hunting.


But, all this quilt stuff got me to thinking...
Roger's Grandma made him a quilt when he was born. It's not finished yet (she's off the hook since she passed away years and years ago. Roger's Dad was supposed to finish it. Not sure what his excuse is.) :)
So the last time we were at the in-laws they brought it out to show. I think it's the prettier of the 3 (Roger's brother and sister also got one. But I don't have pictures of those)




This is just the top. It needs to actually be quilted. Roger's other Grandma has offered to quilt it when she has the time. So hopefully that will be before another 28 years pass by. :)

The colors could kinda maybe work for Hannah's room. The look isn't quite what I was going for though. And well, it's not done. Someday we'll enjoy it.

For now... if you have any great links to send my way for the perfect girls quilt, I'm all ears (or eyes)

No comments: