Here's a little story, it's sad but true.
Ok, probably only sad to me. You? You will laugh.
After a semi-short trip to the outlet mall the kids and I were done and were ready to head home.
I got to the car. Loaded up the kids.
Looked for keys to toss onto front seat.
Panic
Dig
dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig
They were gone (the keys, not the kids) :)
Loaded kids back into stroller and ran back to all the stores I just shopped at. Only this time. They were all closed.
I had to knock on all of the doors. "Hi I'm a pathetic mother. I have my children out past their bedtime. By the way have you seen my keys?"
Store 1: no I vacuumed and I didn't see any keys
Store 2: your CAR keys? (um, duh!) No, didn't find any
Store 3: nope. (shouts back to other workers) no but if you don't find them come back and you can look around
Store 4: no
Store 5: (wow! I didn't realize I went into so many stinking stores!)
We're closed (um, yes I gathered that by the dimmed lights and the locked door thank you very much!) did you look in your bag? (can I beat you with it please?)
Someone was actually helpful here though. They looked around but didn't find them. Then she took my name and number in case they turn up later.
Hanging my head in shame I called Roger.
Um, honey? You might need to come and get me. I um, kinda can't find my keys.
I decided to dig through the car one last time before making Roger drive the whole way out there to pick us up. I loaded up the kids. Put away the stroller.
THE STROLLER. It goes in THE TRUNK.
People. My keys were in THE TRUNK.
I RAN to 5 stores, eating humble pie at every one... and my keys were in the trunk the entire time.
I called Roger. He laughed.
I reminded him of the time he ran out of gas.
The End
June 12, 2008
It's been a long day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
LOL. Oh My gosh. I am laughing so hard at you... but it's a sad... commiserating kind of laugh... I haven't done that... but i've done similar, so I understand.
I'm so sorry hon. At least Roger didn't have to come get you.
I'm still laughing though.
Oh Val! You were right, I find this very funny! I am sorry you had to run back to all the stores, I know how frustrating that can be (we lost Coopers favorite sweatshirt once. took longer to find it than we spent in the store to begin with!) UGH! Glad Roger didn't come after you and find the keys himself:)
At least they weren't in your hands! :) I've ran around looking for something that I was either holding or had on top of my head (glasses for example).
Can we blame it on hanging out with preschoolers all day long? ...probably not. They're smarter than that. :)
Miss you!
Sylvia ~
I am SO GLAD Roger didn't come to get me, only to find the keys in the trunk! Oh man, that would have been... well... that would NOT have made the blog. :)
Oh my goodness! Yes, I am laughing too. How very frustrating!!!
This is funny and the way to tell it makes it especially funny!
...cracking me up I say!
Post a Comment