The Good
We have certain things we pray for each day before dinner. Today was church. We generally pray for the kids Sunday School teachers and the Pastors... tonight we asked the kids "who wants to pray?" Nehemiah spoke up.
Me: Ok great Nehemiah! Do you want to pray for your Sunday School teacher?
Nehemiah: No
Me: Do you want to pray for VBS? (it starts next week, though he is still too young to go)
Nehemiah: No
I was starting to think he didn't really know what he had excitedly said yes to
Me: Do you want to pray for Pastor Lester?
Nehemiah: Yes!
Me: Ok! Great idea! You go ahead and pray.
Nehemiah: (hand up to mouth with a hearty little Ahem) *string of non-understandable words* "Amen!" :)
He was so proud of himself. And honestly, even though all I understood was the "ahem" and "amen" I was a little moved by his prayer.
The Bad
The other day I told Joseph to go brush his teeth because he had bad breath. He did. When he came back down he was showing me his pearly whites. I was telling him that he did a good job brushing. He looked at me and says "Whew! Your breath smells like a**"
oh yes he did. (let me clarify 2 things here (1) I in fact had minty fresh breath (2) we do not talk like that around here!)
I picked my jaw up off of the floor and aked him to repeat what he just said. Surely I misunderstood my precious little child. Um, no that was exactly what he said.
Not sure what to do I told him "That's not a nice thing to say. I don't want you to say that anymore"
I couldn't let it go though I HAD TO KNOW "Where did you hear that?" He laughed "From Ice Age" So my mind is racing through the movie trying to figure out exactly where someone is given an a** breath compliment. Roger came down the stairs laughing. He heard our conversation and figured it out. He explained (to both of us) that Ice Age did not use those words. What the movie said was "your breath smells like ANTS" An animal was talking to an anteater! I was so glad that Roger was able to clear that up. I was not looking forward to breaking out the mouth washing soap.
June 10, 2008
The Good And The Bad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh my gosh, this is funny. Sorry, I must have an inappropriate sense of humor. He must have been so confused about why you thought ants was a bad word. (:
Okay, I must say i'm sorry too, because I just busted out laughing at that one! That is one of those "shocking at the time, but funny when you look back" moments!
Catching up today on blogs and you and your kids are cracking me up!
Post a Comment