January 17, 2008

Random thoughts

I have a devotional set up to email me every day. Today it was about feeling unqualified. Here is a tiny part from the devotion.

John had devoted his life to preparing for the arrival of Jesus. He had focused all of his energy toward this moment. He was set upon obedience. Yet the very first thing Jesus asked him to do, John resisted. He felt unqualified. Do you feel unqualified to fulfill your mission from God? John felt unworthy even to unfasten the shoes of Jesus, yet Jesus said John was the greatest of all prophets (Luke 7:28). Don't let your feelings of inadequacy hold you back from your God appointed mission.


Hmmm, I wonder how often I don't do what God wants me to do simply because I don't feel like I can do it. Would God be calling me to do something just to watch me fail miserably? I think not. That one really had me thinking.

While I continue to think about that you can go on and check out this website. Sign your husbands up for their weekly email.

http://www.familymanweb.com/newsletter


Read some of the back issues. Specifically the one entitled "marbles matter".

Did you read it? What do you think? Put me in line with how I spend my time.

2 comments:

Christin said...

Oh Val. I can't even begin to explain how I needed to hear this today. God is stretching my brain to the nth degree. and yeah...I'm not feeling qualified to do any of the things I think he's leading me/us to do.

Thanks for sharing!

...and FYI. I still read your blog every chance I get. And catch up on past posts as I read. but my "free" time has suddenly been reduced to almost nothing.

and honestly? I am REALLY neeing some good VAL time right about now.
xo

Anonymous said...

Hey, Valerie! I'm so glad you posted that site. It's great! I almost cried like 3 times.
Also, I love the pictures of your girl in the costumes. That was a good deal!
I wish I had more time to chat, but I've got to feed Lucy.
Bye for now.
-Katie

www.xanga.com/Job38