Jen from Walk With Me tagged me to write about 5 Things I Have Done Right In My Life. This was HARD. It's so much easier to think about all of the things that I have done wrong. I have to say that even though I've made a lot of mistakes I don't know that I would really change anything if I could. All of my wrong things along with all of my right add up to make me who I am today. It was nice to try and focus on the things that I have done right for a change, so thank you Jen for tagging me. :) So here we go..... 5 things I have done right in my life:
1.) I'll have to start with one of the same things that Jen said and that is going to YWAM. I wasn't a Christian when I went. So going to YWAM for SST, DTS, SOE, and some other 3 letter acronym was a life changing experience. Friends I made, lessons I learned, God changed my life... definitely something I did right - YWAM.
2.) Deciding to go to a new church - and the young adult group. After returning from YWAM I needed a new home church. After church hopping I found my current church which I love. It took a few months to get up enough courage to walk into a young adult group meeting. So glad I did. Though it was months if not years later it was where I met my husband.
3.) The decision to homeschool our kids. A huge undertaking but this is the right thing for us. I don't desire to shelter out kids, just give them a great education, with plenty of Bible study and quiet times. And honestly the thought of what high school will be like by 2021 scares me just a little bit.
4.) This one is still a work in progress but I have made the decision to lose weight. Yes, I have made the decision before but a light went on this time. It's a new thought process. It's working. I will be healthier. I will be happier. I will be able to chase my kids with more energy.
5.) Going to marriage counseling before Roger and I got married. Our church requires it but I would have wanted to go anyway. It was a time where we met with a "seasoned" married couple and went through a few weeks of great discussion. (though sometimes uncomfortable) Roger and I were just talking about this the other day. That was such a good time for us. We talked A LOT before we got married but counseling gave us some other things to think about. I think one of the biggest things we learned was how to fight fair.
(I'm on a roll!!)
6.) I'm going to throw in one more and add reconnecting with old friends. Christin and I had lost touch due to some random silliness and as God would have it we entered each others lives again just as we were both packing up to move to TX! I am SO thankful for that! Through her I have been able to reconnect with Sylvia and Jen. They have both been a such a blessing in my life.
Now, I'd like to tag Sylvia and Jolanthe if you ladies care to play along. :)
December 3, 2007
A tough list
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Val- that's a wonderful list. thank you for sharing. I'm so proud of you for everything you've done. I love you very much. I'm not being sarcastic or anything here. I love you hon.
-Jen
Thanks for your participation - you get a star. * Actually, another star * for doing one extra. (:
The premarital counseling is a good one - that helped us a lot too. You have NO idea what to expect when you're all giddy and blinded by your engagement ring. It's good to learn relationship skills.
I'm SO glad we've reconnected too!
That is a great meme! I am sure it is harder to list the things you have done right - that would be hard for me.
Thank God for changing your life at YWAM. God is so good.
Post a Comment