I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around a piece of information. While watching the news I learned that a high school friend of mine commit murder. Even writing those words makes me shake my head with disbelief. This was a person that I was close to. We spent countless hours together. We walked to school together every morning for years. We went to parties. We were friends. I don't know what happened since high school. Something changed. The murder was violent. It was intentional. My heart is so heavy. I don't know how to process this information. I've heard over the years of an ex-boyfriend who is now addicted to drugs. Though that bothered me I found I was able to deal with it. This... I don't know what to do. The night that I found out I couldn't even sleep. My mind was racing, playing out the whole scenario over and over again. Had this person not confessed I wouldn't believe it. All I can do to settle down the thoughts flying around my head is pray. For the families that were involved. For the friend behind bars. God bring healing.
December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
thats a tough bit of news you had. It makes you wonder what goes through a persons mind for them to do such a thing.
I don't even know what to say, Val. My heart hurts for you. I can only imagine what this must feel like...
Are you in a position where you could write to the person in prison? Maybe God would give you an open door with the person, being that you have history with them, to speak truth and life to their heart?
I read this earlier and had no idea what to say. I still don't. What a confusing, sad situation. I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment