September 27, 2008

When to wear Maternity

Ok. I just spent a good 20 minutes searching the web for some new maternity clothes. I still have some from my other pregnancies, but I sold some... mostly in the size that I would need now. Ugh.

When did you start wearing maternity clothes? (read, how far along were you? Obviously you started wearing them when you were pregnant!) I think with each pregnancy I try to hold off a little longer and each pregnancy I find myself needing to wear them earlier and earlier. With Joseph I was excited to sport that panel belly and long shirts that made a bump out of nothing. And while I am very excited about the baby that is growing in my belly, I am not as excited about my belly growing. The first trimester is such an awkward time. When we announced to friends that we are expecting, I can't even tell you how many people immediately turned their eyes towards my stomach. It makes me feel SO self conscious. And while I have not gained a single pound I have noticed growth. I know, the baby is the size of a bean, but my belly, it is not.

So, if you see me wearing some panel belly jeans and a long shirt don't feel the need to touch my belly and feel for the baby. It's still a bean. And in another 7 weeks when I will most likely look like I'm going to give birth any day, don't say anything. If you must, just compliment my panel jeans and not so long anymore shirt.

3 comments:

Living and Loving Life in the Lord said...

you need to do side ways photos of yourself and post them each month. I know, i know, you just love me so much for this wonderful suggestion; but i love to see the month to month changes and it will be fun to look back on; i hope you do it. and no you may not hit me the next time you see me.

Sylvia said...

I second that request! GREAT idea:)

Jen said...

What?! I've been out of the loop! Comgratulations!