March 14, 2008

It's GONE!.... and other randomness

Notice anything missing from this picture?

That's right. No tv. It's in the basement. (but don't tell my kids that) I had enough. There was arguing and talking back and fights over sitting at the table to eat dinner. ENOUGH! TV is in a time out. A long one. They are doing SO well without it I'm thinking we won't be bringing it back for awhile. I'm thinking maybe for Easter they can have it back (we bought them a dvd for Easter). I like some of the movies we have. Nehemiah LOVES the Hermie videos by Max Lucado. Leap Frog is awesome. So are the 2 plug in video games we have - Leap Frog and the Smart Cycle. They truly are educational. For those few things I want a tv. For the other yucky stuff. We aren't even missing it a little bit.


Non tv related stuff.....


Yum! That was a great smoothie Mommy!
Oh dear Joseph. See that little black thing in his hand? It's from a cheap foam visor he received at a birthday party awhile back. He calls is his slinky. He has not been seen without it for weeks. Weeks! It goes to bed with him. It goes to the bathroom with him. It goes in the car and it is the center of his every day play. I always wanted my kids to have a lovey.... I just never thought it would be a slinky.

4 comments:

Living and Loving Life in the Lord said...

Oh my goodness, little Hannah just makes me smile!

CC said...

AWESOME!!!!!! Adios tv!!!

BTW- I love your description of your job in your profile! :)

Anonymous said...

The slinky is so funny! Maybe you should market it and make a bunch of money off of this great new....friend?..um, toy? Comfort object?

Christin said...

WOW...very impressed that the TV is gone!! Wow wow wow.