Nehemiah was in a time out in his crib (it's been a LONG day). He refused to say sorry for what he had done (ok, so maybe he wasn't sorry) He refused to look at me give a hug, kiss, anything to acknowledge that I was there and talking to him. So I told him until he could do something to let me know he hears me (and preferably not do the same naughty thing again) he had to stay in time out. You know what he did?! He climbed out of his crib! He figured bailing was easier than apologizing. And since I had to stop writing this to discipline him for doing the same thing (did I mention that this has been a LONG day?!) I'm guessing his bailing meant Mommy's not in charge. This is the same kid that when begging for juice, if made to say please, he would just as soon take water. If he wants to watch a movie and you make him say please, he would rather play with his toys. The life of a 2 year old. Wow.
June 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Tell me about it. It's like they come equipped with intuitive know-how on how to break you down, emotionally and physically. Maybe we should channel this genetic flaw (flaw, being in my opinion) and make all 2-3 year old professional interrogators. At least that way, we're getting PAID to house the stubborn little guys.
Post a Comment